[admin] Creating a project

Luke J Crook luke at balooga.com
Fri Apr 9 15:19:52 UTC 2004

Nikodemus Siivola wrote:

>On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Luke J Crook wrote:
>

>>Name:             Luke Crook
>>(http://www.cormanlisp.com) to SDL (http://www.libsdl.org)
>>Members:        Luke Crook
>>Name of Proj:   Corman-SDL ( http://www.balooga.com/lisp_sdl.php3 )
>>License:            As yet undecided. Either BSD, MIT, LGPL or LLGPL
>>

>Approved, though I'd prefer to know the license beforehand... ;)

I've decided to go with the same license as CL-SDL, namely BSD.

>PS. Just curious: I assume that you are aware of the "other"
>cl-sdl -- why make a separate project for Corman? Is it
>an issue with the basic design, or the desire to have simpler
>bindings by supporting just one implementation or what?

Unfortunately Corman does not support the UFFI otherwise I would
definitely be contributing to cl-sdl. Corman's FFI model does offer some
advantages however, interfacing to Microsoft COM objects are relatively
easy, as are callbacks from foreign code. And Corman has a really useful
C to FFI parser that converts around 80% of the sdl header files
automatically.

-Luke