[Admin] Request for project hosting

Mario Mommer mommer at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Sep 16 21:07:47 UTC 2003

Anthony Ventimiglia <anthony at ventimiglia.org> writes:
> I haven't seen my messages from yesterday show up, so I'll try
> again.

I didn't get anything. Any ideas as to what failed?

> The CL-CGI library I initially sent the request for was mostly
> a small package which would ease writing CGI programs. Basically it
> set some variables according to the environment passed from the
> server, and has a url decoder to decode HTTP post and get data.
>
> Since submitting my initial request I have taken this small idea
> further into what I am calling CLHP, the Common Lisp Hypertext
> Preprocessor. Basically what this is is the ease of PHP with the joys
> of Lisp. You can create dynamic content using lisp embedded in XML
> processing instructions.
>
> Right now I have a working version which works with Apache, through a
> lisp CGI gateway. But I plan on writing a Apache module.
>
> The CLHP name is really a working name right now, since XML is not
> really just a Hypertext thing, this could also be used independently
> of a HTTP server.
>
> I hope that's a good enough description, I'd really appreciate it if
> you would agree to host this and be willing to enable the server to
> run it.

I think the project sounds good, and should be hosted.

Did I understand correctly that you would like to be able to change
the name afterwards?

Regarding running this on the server - I don't know. It certainly is a
posibility, although I am a bit hesitant on going down this road too
fast. Erik is the one who runs the box, so it is he who has the last
word, btw.

I think that it should have some minimal robustness before we change
to it, and should have some experience with it, but other than that, I
find the idea appealing.

Regards,
        Mario.