[Admin] Request for project hosting

Erik Enge erik at nittin.net
Mon Sep 15 13:23:37 UTC 2003

Anthony Ventimiglia <anthony at ventimiglia.org> writes:

> 	My name is Anthony Ventimiglia, I am working on a library for writing
> CGI programs in lisp, it's got a working name of "cl-cgi". So far it's
> in it's early stages, but it is useable (for cmucl).

Out of curiosity, what does it actually do?

I'm in favour of accepting this project.  Others who think otherwise?

> I haven't released it to the public yet, but I plan on putting the GNU
> GPL copyright on it when I do.

You mention that you may want to integrate it with other projects later;
many of the projects use less restrictive licenses (such as the MIT, X11
or BSD versions) and you might find that integrating the two projects
may prove difficult with the GPL.  I'm not trying to discourage you from
using the GPL.  I just want to make sure you have considered this.

> I also noticed that the "clo" project seems to be the web-site
> development.

This is accurate.

> I think the site looks great, but it would be awfully nice if there
> was a link to actually browse and search the hosted projects.

I think our plan is to install CMUCL (done) and Portable AllegroServe
(well, nearly done, I'm getting some errors; Nikodemus did you get my
email about that?) and then use them to display dynamic content.

> Anyway without saying too much, I'd love to get involved with working
> on the web-site if you are looking for any volunteers in that area.

Sure, that'd be great.  Mario Mommer is the main web-guy, I think (we're
not too formal :-), so if you have any concrete ideas, post them to the
clo-devel list and he'll probably respond there.

Thanks!

Erik.