[admin] Hosting for GTKlisp

Mario Mommer mommer at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Oct 23 13:39:08 UTC 2003

Erik Enge <eenge at prium.net> writes:
> Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus at random-state.net> writes:
>
> > On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 08:46:12AM +0200, Mario Mommer wrote:
> >
> >> I wonder if it would be possible to host the project "GTKlisp" (1),
> >> stable and sturdy GTK bindings for Common Lisp, at common-lisp.net.
> >
> > *approves* ;)
>
> Ok, what about the name?  "GTKlisp" makes me think of a Lisp
> implementation of GTK.

My other ideas were

GTKat ;; A silly pun.

lgtk

clgtk ;; people could confuse it with cl-gtk

gtkcl ;; what's sbcl then?

gtkl

gtknexus

gtk.cl

gtk.lisp

gtkclb ;; gtk common lisp bindings

;; I think CVS would barf on these:

(GTK)

:gtk

;; And then there is this one.

gtk_lisp_bindingswith_parens ;; another pun. It might even be funny
                              ;; if you ever programmed with gtk :-)

could be abbreviated as glbwp.

> cl-gtk would really be the best name, I suppose.

I would have used exactly this one, but it is already taken :-(

> What about just gtk?

That would be confusing. Besides, I am not sure my bindings will end
up being the only one alive.

>  If you want "GTKlisp" can I spell it "gtklisp" or
> do you want the crazycaps in there?

To be honest, the naming questions have delayed me asking for
hosting. I really don't know wat's the best. I guess that after the
the name has converged, the caps aren't important.

Regards,
        Mario