[Admin] Eclipse application

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Wed Oct 1 08:59:33 UTC 2003

I definitely approve of the Eclipse project's application.

I feel compelled to point out your choise of license, however.

Nothing wrong with GPL, but most Lisp projects prefer MIT/BSD-style
for various reasons. For example, simpler interoperability between
libraries, or a conscious choise to promote Lisp over other languages,
or preferring of free-as-gift over free-as-fsf-defines-it.

Is GPL a deliberate and premeditated choise, or have you adopted it
"by default"? If the former then everything is ok, but if latter
then I urge you to reconsider.

But, like I said, I approve regardless.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus