[admin] net-nittin-hyperspec

Erik Enge eenge at prium.net
Thu Nov 13 12:02:07 UTC 2003

Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus at random-state.net> writes:

> Though you forgot to mention the license... ;) Assuming MIT/X/BSD
> style, I approve.

Correct; MIT.

> OTOH I (as usual) would point out that I don't think prefixes are all
> that necessary, but they don't hurt too much either...

I thought some more about that.  Here's what I came up with.  I think
net-nittin-irc and net-nittin-whatever implement an interface (that is
not defined but still there in terms of the implementation); others are
welcome to implement com-myhouse-irc with the same (or, naturally, a
different) interface.

I've been thinking lately that UFFI is really nice and that USOCKET
would be equally cool.  I thought about what I would name it:
net-nittin-usocket kinda implies what I said above but that defeats the
"universal" in USOCKET so for it I would simply choose the name USOCKET.

> Are you interested in expanding this to work with arbitrary packages?

Anything to make the library more general.  What did you have in mind?
I know dan-b keeps talking about his hyperdocumentation API.

> If so, then a) I'd like to help, b) wouldn't "hyperdoc" be a better
> name?

a) Welcome!

b) Yeah, probably.

Let's have a quick discussion about what other things it could include
before settling on the name.

Erik.