[admin] Cells

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Fri Nov 7 12:45:53 UTC 2003

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 06:07:47PM -0500, Kenny Tilton wrote:

> >Heh. Just make both asdf-installable, and the "what to include in a
> >distro" becomes a moot point. ;)
> >
> Is this a diff approach than CVS, or supplemental?

Hm? Supplemental (and a weak attempt at humor on my part) I guess.

Asdf-install is a distribution tool, that automatically handles
dependencies, etc. It rocks the same way Debian's apt-get rocks --
though creating asdf-installable packages is a lot easier than making
.debs.

CVS is a revision control tool. For semi-decent docs look at

 http://www.cvshome.org/

, but note that if you would prefer Subversion, Arch, or any of the
umpteen available other RC systems, send mail to clo-devel, and we'll
see about it.

Ob licenses: splendid!

> Sounds good. Do you have any idea what content you want? What about
> format? HTML?

I think some more presentation-neutral markup would be best, so LaTeX
springs to mind.

OTOH, I think that even a tarball with a plain-text file for text, and
images and whatnot for rest is quite ok as well: as long as the
article is clearly structured in the text file we can then cram it
into a structured format, and render that into html, dvi, ps and pdf.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus