[admin] Re: [Clump] Re: Rebel With A Cause

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Nov 1 08:36:37 UTC 2003

Brian Mastenbrook <bmastenb at cs.indiana.edu> writes:

>> How should we do this to make it most convenient for authors to submit
>> their articles?  How about:
>>
>>   1) author sends article to admin at common-lisp.net
>
> I would be willing to hack up a web submission form using araneida.

Features that I would like to see in an article system are:

* ability to store multiple revisions of articles, and retrieve any of
  the versions (for bonus points, also a diff); revision tracking;

* ability to retrieve articles in multiple formats (TeX/Docbook
  source, html, postscript) if the source that the author submits
  permits easy conversion;

also probably other stuff.  To interested parties, I suggest having a
look at <http://www.arXiv.org/> (though I'm sure we're unlikely to
have to scale to their level in the short term, having some of their
features for the end-user would be nice).

Cheers,

Christophe