[admin] mailing lists for mod_lisp, cl-pdf and cl-typesetting

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Wed Dec 10 10:20:12 UTC 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 10:58:10AM +0100, Marc Battyani wrote:

> I received several suggestions to setup mailling lists for mod_lisp,
> cl-pdf and cl-typesetting.
> Can I do this on common-lisp.net ?

CL-PDF is under BSD-style license, and mod_lisp under Apache License, right?

For them at least, I definitely approve.

I'm under the impression that you're not distributing the source to
cl-typesetting yet: this makes hosting a mailing list for it at
Common-lisp.net slightly controversial. However, since I think there
is a clear intent to release it, I approve.

By the by, are you *sure* you want just mailing lists, and not full
project hosting?

The point made by some folks on cll is quite true: giving people early
access to source is much likelier to bring contributors -- especially
giving them CVS/SVN/Arch access as opposed to just tarballs.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus