[Admin] Creating a project (rfc2388)

Erik Enge erik at nittin.net
Tue Aug 26 12:55:28 UTC 2003

Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus at random-state.net> writes:

> Are we going to keep handing out RFC-numbers as project names?

I don't think it is our job to do have any policy for project names.
cCLan et al. seems to me to be the place to enforce that.  Do you have
an alternate strategy?

>  * If we get more of them out announcements suddenly become quite
>  unreadaable: "Huh? There's a new version of rfc-whazzanumber on
>  common-lisp.net."

You mean like rfc2822-2 or rfc2388-theotherone?  Yes, that will be
slightly confusing.  Do you have a suggestion for how we can do it
better?

Erik.