[Admin] Hosting request

nikodemus at random-state.net nikodemus at random-state.net
Wed Aug 13 23:59:12 UTC 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 10:24:32PM +0200, Mario Mommer wrote:

> I wonder if the rule should be "if after 48h nobody objects, it is
> accepted"?

And have lispM2000-kool accepted because everybody is too busy to object?

As an alternative, I'd suggest that for every request someone has to
play devil's advocate and say why it should NOT be accepted. Then the
others can either say "geez, don't be silly" or "hmm. there's a point
there".

Also, who are on this list currently? Me, Erik, Mario?

If so, I suggest we invite the others on the earlier email-circuit to
join without votes: they get voices, but no votes if things ever
degenerate to a shouting match.

Furthermore, I suppose we should have a terms of service somewhere
that says that if they don't play nice we will kick them all the way
to FORTRAN-land.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus