[toronto-lisp] March meeting minutes.

Vishvajit Singh vishvajitsingh at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 00:14:00 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I put up what I can remember of the March meeting on our website:
http://www.lisptoronto.org/past-meetings/2010-03-meeting
(I also put up Abram's notes from February.)

Here's that (tongue-in-cheek, but fairly informative) article I
mentioned, "Git is MacGyver, Mercurial is James Bond":
http://importantshock.wordpress.com/2008/08/07/git-vs-mercurial/

In fact, I've been thinking about MacGyver'ing Git a little.. I'd like
a tool that can verify a Git repository, by which I mean go through
all the objects in the repo and make sure they still match their SHA1
hashes. That way, if a cosmic ray somehow flips a bit on my hard
drive, I can just restore the corrupted object from a backup. It seems
like a simple thing, which is why I figure there must be some way to
do this already with the tools Git supplies. I found 'git-verify-pack'
but that doesn't seem to be quite what I want. Any ideas?

If I don't find anything it should be pretty simple to MacGyver a
solution, since the filesystem layout of a Git repository makes it
pretty easy to iterate through all the objects.

- vish