Language extension / "behavior"

Didier Verna didier at didierverna.net
Tue Jan 24 09:47:49 UTC 2023

  Hello,

Section 1.6 Language Extensions of the standard says this:

A language extension is any documented implementation-defined behavior
of a defined name in this standard that varies from the behavior
described in this standard [...]

It is unclear to me if the term "behavior" could encompass additional
keyword arguments passed to a function or macro. I'm assuming here that
the rest of this section is honored (the additional arguments wouldn't
alter the confirming code, and their presence is not explicitly
prohibited).

WDYT?

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Lisp, Jazz, Aïkido: http://www.didierverna.info