Numpy and Common Lisp?

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Mon Apr 10 22:04:12 UTC 2023

Yes, that's my concern. I take it as given that the CL community does
not have the resources to fully reimplement numpy from scratch.  If one
grants me that premise, then building a FFI to numpy would be a better
investment of hours than cloning it.

Arguably investing in py4cl would be better than either. But other than
for personal satisfaction, cloning is a dominated choice.

I was hoping to hear that someone had gone over the C API with CFFI.

That leads me to a follow-up question: am I right that SWIG no longer
ships with a back end for emitting CFFI stubs?  It seems like it was
dropped sometimes between versions 3 and 4.

Best,