ML Maintainer wanted

Don Morrison dfm2 at cmu.edu
Sat Dec 2 01:56:21 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 7:52 PM, Ken Tilton <kentilton at gmail.com> wrote:
> To be honest, I think it would be a wonderful testament to the proud
> morbidity of Lisp if we made the admin password public, put it in
> the FAQ, and published it every month, and no one ever used it.

There’s precedent in the MACLISP branch of Common Lisp’s family tree.
Anyone could login, or run without logging in, from anywhere in the country
over the ARPAnet, to the various ITS machines, using whatever lusername
they liked, without a password. And anyone could edit any file on the
machine, watch what anyone else was doing, and bring the machine down.

--
Don Morrison <dfm2 at cmu.edu>
“Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from