Heads up on Graphics Ports

David McClain dbm at refined-audiometrics.com
Fri May 8 18:35:45 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I just ran into a glitch in the new LW7 for Mac and Windows. Starting some time ago, there is an additional parameter in GRAPHICS-STATE called SCALE-THICKNESS. Up to now, it had defaulted to NIL, and that’s why i never noticed when it was introduced. Starting in LWM7.0 and LWW7.0 it defaults to T.

Not sure when scaling thickness to transformed coordinates would make sense. I have scaled things in the past according to zoom state: if you double the window pane size, then thicknesses of lines also doubles in my plotting package.

I’m hard pressed to imagine a situation in which I’d ever want line thickness to scale according to the affine transform in effect. And how would that work, when the domain covers (-1 1) while a range covers (10 1000)?

At any rate, just a heads up to everyone. Not broken, just different in the new version of LW.

73 de Dave, N7AIG

David McClain
N7AIG at arrl.net