[pro] Some error/condition standardization anyone?

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Tue Jun 28 18:05:54 UTC 2011

On 27 Jun 2011, at 17:47, Marco Antoniotti wrote:
> Doesn't anybody think that it would be a good thing to have a CDR suggesting an agreed upon extension of the CL standard ERROR/CONDITION hierarchy?

I think this is a good idea, and would be of great practical value.

It may a good idea to use ISLISP as a starting point. ISLISP is more or less a subset of Common Lisp with an almost identical condition system, but has a defined condition hierarchy that is more detailed than that of ANSI CL. Although there are not a lot of ISLISP implementations around, I think it would be of value to try to be compatible with ISLISP in this (and other) regards.

See http://www.islisp.info/specification.html

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza
The views expressed in this email are my own, and not those of my employer.