[pro] what lisp command line arg parser is good?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 17:15:26 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 11:23, Mark H. David <mhd at yv.org> wrote:
> Anyone with some thoughts on which command line parser is good to use?
> There seem to be n of them out there.  None really stands out, that I can
> tell.
> Must be quicklisp readable, other than that, I don't have any kind of fancy
> requirements. Just something simple, and reliable. Widely used would be
> good,
> and/or well maintained.
> Any pro tips?

I wrote and use command-line-arguments, which is not the greatest
imaginable, but is 100% portable and works well.
git clone git://common-lisp.net/projects/qitab/command-line-arguments.git

Didier Verna's CLON has all the bells and whistles you could dream of
and then some, but has stricter system dependency requirements and
seems harder to package out.
http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier/software/lisp/clon.php

Finally, if you're ready to accept SBCL only, Xach has something as
part of buildapp.
http://www.xach.com/lisp/buildapp/

Tell us what you use in the end, and why, and whether there are more
such libraries to consider.

Meta is Better. Anything you can do, I can do Meta. — Patrick Logan