[Fm-lisp] Exif_Get and calculated container fields

Jens Teich info at jensteich.de
Mon Aug 4 17:08:46 UTC 2014

Am 04.08.14 09:54, schrieb James Wilson:
> Hi
>
> When the images are inserted into a database via a conventional container field, the Exif_Get plugin works just fine.  However it doesn't appear to work when the container field is a calculated field, accessing images that are resident outside of the database.  Is this possible in some way, or a limitation of the plugin?
>

> My apologies if this topic has been discussed here before, but the archive link from the webpage is not working

Hi,

this was indeed a limitation. But I made a new version (for Mac) today:
0.3.0. It has the ability to extract Exif data also from container
fields with images stored as reference.

External jpg files are also accessible.

Win version, improved example file and documentation are following soon.

The link is:
http://jensteich.de/wp-content/exif-plugin/ExifPlugIn-0.3.0.Mac.zip.

There are two new functions:

Get_Exif_Reference( jpeg_reference ; tag )

which wants a FileMaker container field with jpg images stored as
reference as first parameter and the exif tag as second.

Get_Exif_from_File( unix_path ; tag )

this function expects a unix path as first parameter:
'/Users/me/Desktop/myfunnypic.jpg'

~Jens