gitlab runners down?

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 14:35:45 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jul 7, 2019 at 4:00 AM Erik Huelsmann <ehuels at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Raymond,
>
> Just looked at the runners (and upgraded GitLab); there are 4 runners:

What version of gitlab is being used now?

> * 2 maintained by common-lisp.net itself. These have had recent contact.

This is the one I was having trouble with.  In particular,
https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/cmucl/cmucl-site/-/jobs/1864 says it's
running
but eventually times out after an hour without actually doing anything.

> * 1 cmucl-fedora runner (yours). This one has had its last contact 1 week
> ago
> * 1 OSX gitlab runner (yours too?). This one has had recent contact too.

Ah, those are mine, running on my machines.  They've been working, but I
now see
(https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/cmucl/cmucl/pipelines) that they've been
stuck for a couple of weeks now.
(I didn't notice before because I've been away for a bit.)

> Could it be that your runner either needs a gentle nudge or an upgrade?

An upgrade is probably a good idea.  I'm running some really, really old
versions of the gitlab runner on my
linux and osx boxes.  They were running fine, so why upgrade? :-)  Maybe
it's time.

--
Ray