[Clo-devel] predicting the need for more tables on the webpage

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Sun Aug 17 12:22:40 UTC 2003

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 11:38:45AM -0400, Erik Enge wrote:

> That's a pretty decent idea.  Or perhaps we could make news/articles a
> part of the main part (middle part) of the index.html page.

An alternative tactic would be to put work on the assumption that most
of our traffic will be people who already know both what Common Lisp
and Common-lisp.net are:

 * Move "About this site" to a separate, but clearly linked page, or to
   the very bottom of the index-page.

 * Move "About Common Lisp" to a separate, but clearly linked page --
   somewhere where newbies can find it.

 * Dedicate dedicate index-page to news -- both site specific and to those
   of general interest to Common Lisp users.

Dunno about the layout, though.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus