[cl-xmpp-devel] Stream question

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Sat Apr 21 20:24:38 UTC 2007

Quoting Mikhail Shevchuk (mikhail.shevchuk at gmail.com):
> I don't use cl-xmpp because it doesn't work with local ejabberd. When
> I try to perform the auth command, I get the feature-not-implemented
> error. So, I am trying to use raw sockets to send XML.

I would suggest extending or fixing cl-xmpp as appropriate instead of
re-inventing the XML parsing and serialization logic already implemented
by cl-xmpp and cxml.

And while this list cannot replace Allegro's support, let me mention the
only obvious reason I can imagine for a socket read to block
unexpectedly, which would be that you forgot to actually send (force
output of) the request you're reading the reply for.

d.