[Cl-opengl-devel] trouble running on ms windows

Mick Charles Beaver mick at cs.wisc.edu
Wed Jun 4 17:25:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

I was poking around with the arcsynthesis GL tutorials and wanted to try
coding them up in Lisp with SDL2. I was able to get the first tutorial
running on Linux, but when I try to run it on Windows, I get an error when
calling gl:create-shader. Specifically, SLIME breaks into:

NIL is not of type (OR SYMBOL
                       FUNCTION), and can't be FUNCALLed or APPLYed
   [Condition of type TYPE-ERROR]

Is there something special that needs to be done for loading extensions on
Windows? The shader-vao sample runs for me, but I can't determine if GLUT
is doing something special or not. I can't wholly rule out that I've done
something silly, so I've attached the source.

-Mick