c2ffi handling va_list

Attila Lendvai attila at lendvai.name
Thu Jul 16 08:06:46 UTC 2020

> The TODO entry was about specifically va_list.  Now I'm not sure how
> the "new" stdargs API can be manipulated through CFFI - AFAIK it is
> purely a C compiler thing - you cannot foreign funcall to va_start and
> va_copy.  The only way I could use it is through lisp implementations
> that support a form of c-inline, or through "grovelled" code which
> would be loaded through a shared library.

IIRC libffi has support for dealing with varargs.

there could be a new system called cffi/c2ffi+libffi, or somesuch,
that expands to cffi+libffi definitions? or is the cffi + libffi
integration transparent and loaded on-demand? looks like that.

or straight out depend on libffi by cffi/c2ffi? i don't think that's a
good idea, though, without some hard-pressing reasons.

i don't feel the urge to get into actually hacking on this, but i'll
be happy to answer questions about the cffi/c2ffi code.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39