unwanted recompilation with :CFFI-GROVEL-FILE

JTK jetmonk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 22:36:26 UTC 2020

Thank you for the suggestion to upgrade ASDF, Stelian.

I upgraded my builtin SBCL asdf.fasl from 3.3.4 to 3.3.4.1 (git version) with a manual replacement of fasl.

This

- fixes my toy test case on OSX+SBCL (no more unnecessary recompile)

- does not fix osicat on OSX+SBCL

- but both osicat and toy test case work in ccl64+OSX with no ASDF fixes needed.

- but osicat works without reloading in SBCL+Linux64, again without an ASDF upgrade.

So it looks like it could be some kind of glitch in asdf or OSX SBCL (up to 1.4.9).

JK