[Bese-devel] YACLML: question about xml namespaces in attributes names

Reid van Melle rvanmelle at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 13:06:40 UTC 2007

I haven't been at lisp for all that long, so perhaps I should have
been able to figure this out myself... but here goes:

I'm using YACLML and parenscript for animated SVG generation and
would really like to pass some namespace-scoped attributes names,
specifically for some of the SVG macros.

For example, typical usage of SVG <use> tag is:

<use xlink:href="foo" x="50" ...>

The first problem is that neither the "href" or "xlink:href"
attributes are listed for the <use> element; of course, this is very
easy to fix.  However, I can't figure out how to pass this as a valid
attribute name to the macro and have it recognized and output correctly.

I hope somebody can quickly point me in the right direction.

- Reid van Melle