[Bese-devel] simple submit sans javascript.

Drew Crampsie drewc at tech.coop
Tue May 9 19:15:11 UTC 2006

Imagine my surprise when, after updating to ucw_dev, ALL my application
stopped working!

The culprit? forms now require dojo to work. I like dojo as much as the
next guy, but i rarely initially develop in an environment where it is
available.

To tell you the truth, i've never much liked the fact that forms used
Javascript to begin with, but lived with it until now :)

anyways, patchy patchy applied to ucw_public and attached. Personally, i
think that SIMPLE-FORMS should become the default, and the complex,
bulky, page-bloating javascript producing forms should be used only if
the user specifically wants them.

Thoughts?

drewc

Sun May 7 00:36:02 BST 2006 Drew Crampsie <drewc at tech.coop>
* Add a <ucw:simple-submit and <ucw:simple-form that do not require
javascript.

<ucw:simple-submit uses a BUTTON tag to render a submit button that does
not require javascript

To make this happen, i added a method to find-action that operates on a
list,
grabbing the car and using it as the action id. When a form is submitted
with an extra action parameter,
the last one submitted (first in the list) is taken to be the action-id.

This allows forms without javascript!! SIMPLE-SUBMIT will work in the
standard UCW:FORM,
SIMPLE-FORM is a form without the JS cruft, but will not work with
standard <UCW:* submit buttons.