[Bese-devel] the mod_lisp backend

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Fri Aug 13 15:27:39 UTC 2004

start up ucw with the mod lisp backend and run these two commands:

$ ab -n 20 -c 20 'http://localhost/ucw/examples/index.ucw'

$ ab -n 20 -c 1 'http://localhost/ucw/examples/index.ucw'

on my machine the first command requires, on average, 2709ms per
request while the second requires 130ms per request, about an order of
magnitude less.

the key is that the mod_lisp backend is currently single threaded,
which means that if we get hit with 20 requests at once that last
request will take a _long_ time to run. i'm not great at multithreaded
programming (i ignore it as much as possible), suggestions on what the
best may to go about multi threading the mod_lisp backend would be
very helpfull.

Forget your perfect offering.